the belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others.
“some may choose to work with vulnerable elderly people out of altruism”
The positive energy that you feel from doing a good deed can actually release endorphins into your brain giving you a “helper’s high”, similar to what you experience after exercising.
- Opening the door for a stranger
- Pay it forward- buy a coffee for the next person in line
- Write grandparents a letter / draw a picture and mail it to them.
- Leave one dollar bills around a dollar store (especially in the toy section!).
- Leave some extra money in the vending machine (or even tape it to the outside with a note that says “This treat’s on me!).